Ergonomics is a combination of two Greek words: ergo which means work, and nomics which means the study of. So, in simple terms, ergonomics is the study of work. In practice, ergonomics is the science of adjusting the job or task to the worker instead of the other way around, considering the worker as a major component in the design of jobs, work stations, equipment and machinery.
At UPANDRUNNING, we can help you understanding your body and its physical limitations and adjusting your work environment to your own needs.
We offer, in any environment or industry:
Individual Workstation Assessment
- Assessment of working position and posture of employees.
- Assessment of workstation set up including desktop, laptop computers, equipment, machines, etc.
- Training and information on ‘correct use’ of computers, equipment, machines, etc.
Group Workstation Assessment
- As the above mentioned individual assessment but for a group of employees at identical workstations.
Individual or Group Training; to inform and train employees with regards to:
- Ergonomics – definition.
- Assessment of their own working position and posture.
- Assessment of their own workstation set up including desktop and laptop, chair, desk, and other office accessories or industrial equipment and machines.
- How to ‘correctly use’ office or industrial equipment.
- Office or industrial environment – lighting, sun exposure, reflections, air quality, etc.
Train the Trainer
- Program to train employees to become in-house ergonomic assessors or advisors.
- Office Ergonomics
- Workplace Relaxation and Stretching Exercises