Tel +971 4 3284600
Approved by the Ministry of Health, Dubai, UAE - 699/1/12/28/2/12
The dynamic diagnostic ultrasound scanning has become a very important aspect of the clinical assessment when there is any doubt in the diagnosis or if it is felt that a definitive diagnosis may alter the management. In many cases it complements the history and clinical findings.
We use GE ultrasound machines which provide some of the most advanced technology with clear imagery across the spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions. Although it is not able to identify any deeper joint pathology or certain bony structures, it can still enable earlier detection, more accurate diagnoses, targeted treatment and ability to monitor disease progression over time in most cases.
The beauty is the patient’s ability to see the pathology directly on the screen, how this is affected by movement of surrounding structures and correlated with the pain area they have highlighted. It hence assists in the education and understanding of the condition, thus being a great tool for increasing compliance.
Being a safe form of radiology with no radiation exposure dynamic diagnostic ultrasound is particularly useful for
- early diagnosis of most musculoskeletal pains
- investigating unexplained, non-resolving shoulder pain
- assessing severity of sprained ankles top guide rehabilitation
- identifying muscle injuries and their progress with treatment
- confirming causes of lumps or bumps
- demonstrating dynamic changes in structures with muscle testing
- used as a guide for placement of needles for aspiration or injection